In Olympia, we met again at the Washington State Legislative building. What better place to address the governmental power. We arrived well past the initial 11 o'clock start time and speeches were in full swing, continuing for enough time for me to get several sketches at that site.
The focus had changed a bit from angry reaction to last year's election to strategic planning for upcoming voter opportunities -- the midterms.
We marched from the Capitol Campus which sits on a hill, down a switchback path to Capitol Lake where booths representing organizations focused on anything from LGBTQ issues to voter registration.
- Not buying the selling out of America
- We want a leader; not a creepy tweeter!
- All these incredible women... and we got Trump?
- I fight for equality for my daughters.
- Women Own 2018
- I support Planned Parenthood
- And my favorite because it's DOABLE: GRAB HIM BY THE MIDTERMS!
It will be interesting to see what this coming year brings to our country politically, but one thing seems certain, the pink hats are here to stay for a while longer.