Next Sketch Outing
Saturday March 25: International District
"Friday Sketchers" Gab & Grab
I'll start with the sketch, which was done on
the way home. I stopped at Dick's Drive In for lunch. I saw this really odd tree where I
parked, so I stayed to eat and sketch.
- How did those limbs get into such tortured shapes?
This was the "Friday Sketchers" Ad hoc
outing at Third Place Commons. We switched it up a bit. Tina coined the title, "Gab and
Grab". We spent part of the morning sharing information and kit.
First, the "Gab" part was a brief presentation about a
favorite piece of sketching kit or showing "what's in your bag".
- Peggy H Showed her stub italic nib from Goulet pens.
- Tina with "the Stafano" sketchbook folder and the palette support she invented.
- Carlene shows her pen and brush holder. She also showed how she takes a minimal kit when she goes birding.
Every one seemed to have learned something. I know I have several items written down that I want to try.
The "Grab" part was a trading session. We brought art supplies we no longer wanted to trade with others.
- I forgot to photograph when all the stuff was on the table.
No one wanted the 2 bottles of Noodler's Bulletproof Black! Tina and I both brought some as neither of us like it.
Post a Comment